Digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising is one of the fastest growing forms of advertising today with new advertisements popping up on every corner.
DOOH advertising supports automated buying through a programmatic partner. Like with other programmatic channels, inventory is bought and sold through a demand-side platform (DSP), or supply-side platform (SSP).
Also known as out-of-home media or outdoor media, OOH advertising involves messaging to consumers when they are in public places, commuting to work, waiting in line, and in specific public locations. A well-known example is an advertisement run on a billboard or screen in a busy city, but you can run DOOH campaigns on a variety of formats and sizes, and in various public environments. Advanced targeting through OOH media allows for more effective campaigns by connecting your business with a variety of audiences and exposing you to new demographics.
We live in a world where the average person can see 4,000 to 10,000 advertisements in a single day which allows brands to create an experience for the consumer in many ways. This also means that there is endless competition when it comes to advertising. A method to enhance your DOOH Advertising is to utilize geo-fencing. By geo-fencing around DOOH advertising, advertisers are able to serve tailored messages to their target audience and ensure endless advertisement opportunities. Some of the possibilities when utilizing DOOH Advertising are listed below:
- Targeting: display your ad at the prime time for your target audience
- Measurement: utilize mobile location data to measure DOOH media
- Higher AdEngagement: ability to make advertisements more creative & eye-catching
- Live Content: stream live events to keep your audience up to speed with the action
· Ads are placed in contextual environments which allows you to reinforce your message
· DOOH placements are easy to purchase with programmatic technology
· Engage and connect with your audience due to more creative ad design options
· Target your ideal audience by utilizing geofencing and geotargeting tactics
· Large audience reach since consumers see the messages while they are out and engaged with their surroundings
DOOH Ad Formats:
Point-Of-Purchase –These screens are perfect for CPG or retail brands looking to reach shoppers when they are in the process of making realtime purchasing decisions.
Large Format - This DOOH format is large format media that can be displayed in locations like highway billboards, and bus shelters. They’re best viewed by pedestrians and street-level traffic.
Place-Based - Contextually relevant environments like malls, gyms, office buildings, gas stations, restaurants, taxis, and more. This format provides a unique opportunity to engage with consumers in a natural setting.
As media continues to develop online and social campaigns increase in popularity, out-of-home marketing has remained a practical and notable way of reaching people. According to a recent report, the global digital out of home industry was estimated at $18.80 billion in 2020and is anticipated to hit $58.67 billion by 2031.
Regardless of where and when you’d like to reach your ideal consumer, DOOH has the potential to increase the performance of your multi-channel digital strategy. Trust the experts at AdXcelerant to get your brand to the right screens so you can reach your ideal customers at the right time.